View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #2
Jean

Oh Lani, thank you for posting this special story.
For those of us who have dogs and those of us who adore them....it is without a doubt one of the best joys we have.

I had just completed my surgery in March of 05, and in April my son brought me home a new puppy. I already had one dog who was 11 years old. My son thought the new puppy would bring joy and life into the house.

Well, we all know what it feels like soon after hearing a cancer dx. getting the path report and start to deal with the entire new experience of Her 2 bc.

This new puppy who is an adorable American Bull just won my heart and soul. He stayed by my side through radiation and then later on...(I was backwards in Treatment) chemo/hercpetin. Now today my 4 yr.
old and 15 yr. old babies are always there for me and the rest of the family. In those dark early days we had many laughs with the older dog and puppy playing together. On the days I had to push myself to get up and go outside to walk when I really felt like melting into the sofa, I took the dogs for a pleasant walk, always feeling so much better.

What ever would we do without our best friends?

Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006