View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
jones7676

Location: I live in Christmas, MI - located on the shores of Lake Superior.
While I found the "long term" challenges from chemo and Herceptin challenging and there certainly have been long term effects, I have now inherited a whole new set!

Perhaps what is needed is an appointment to specifically address those problems and see what can be done to alleviate each. Perhaps not all of them can be fixed, but hopefully a more agressive approach toward them would help you.

I hope you find solutions to many of them. Many people take fro granted the side effects that change people (not just in cancer) and think we should all just be glad to be alive etc.

Maybe there are additional resources and publications that could help you help yourself address them more - such as organice foods, changes of diet etc. that would help you. It is something I've been thinking about doing.....hopefully I will remember you if I find anything of great help.

10/03 Radical Mastectomy 3 cm tumor - 1/17 Nodes Stage II B, Her 2 +++ ER-/PR- 11/03 4 AC 4 Taxol 12/05 Stage IV - Lung met , Bone mets - Carbo, Taxotere, Herceptin 9/06 - 2 cm brain tumor 10/06 - Tumor removal surgery - Herceptin Halted 12/06 gamma knife tumor base.1/07 Navelbine/Herceptin 4/07 Rads to R femur 5/07 Stereotactic - new 2 cm brain tumor 4/07 Start Xeloda 5/07 Tykerb added 7/07 Brain MRI clean 10/07 .055 cm brain met found. 12/07 Stereotactic -1 cm brain tumor Start Tykerb 11/07 Abraxane/Herceptin 5/08 Cisplatin, Gemcitabine/Herceptin 6/08 Stereotactic to 1cm 9/08 Stereotactic repeat (growth). 11/08 Pet Scan Good but new tiny met on L lung/dead Brain surgery (no cancer cells found/scar tissue) 1/09 Chemo restarted 2/09 Pet Scan Bad - R larger very active/active L active lymph nodes both sides of chest MRI- mets slight increase 2/09 Start Doxil/Tykerb Treatment
jones7676 is offline   Reply With Quote