View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 04:08 AM   #2
Mary Anne in TX

I so believe in the power of love and friendship in motion! We live in some condos on a canel near the Gulf. It's next to a marina with lots of boats and scurrying around at times.
Every morning at 7 am a group of about 8 "ol' guys" gather just outside (no matter the weather) the marina office on a small deck that is covered but no other protection. One of the guys (also happens to be an usher at church and visits the nursing home where my mother in law is) walks there with his tiny little dog, Rocky, each morning. His dog was sick for a while and he had to ride in the car to come. But the dog (he's old too) got better and is back to walking!
People therapy helps critters too.
Anyway, the "healing power" that goes on overthere at the "laughing place" is GREAT! they don't miss. They stay 1 hour and go home to carry on their whatever lives. I only know the one person, but always wave and smile back to the others as the come and go and I'm walking my dogs in the morning.
I envy those guys. I just know that the same kind of gathering would serve so many of us "ol' gals" just as well.
Thank goodness for our Her2 gatherings daily!
Luv to all, ma

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote