View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #97
eric

The fight continues...

Caryn met with the dr today to formally discuss the treatment plan, if she chooses to move forward with it. As mentioned, he proposed Herceptin/low dose Gemzar plus he's adding Carbo. He made it clear that if her bone marrow can't bounce back from the chemo onslought she may need to be hospitalized within 5-10 days after treatment and then it's just a matter of sleeping away her few remaining days in a hospital as they manage her pain. If her body can handle the chemo and it works that it can potentially add months (and possibly more in my book). My feeling is that if it can add months or help turn her liver functions around, then that opens the door to other possibilities.
I worked very hard at not "influencing" her decision but she already knew that I'm not ready to give her up yet. Well, this evening she announced to my kids and me that she's moving forward with the treatment. I'm scared but happy with her decision. I continue to be awed by her bravery!!! I also feel like because of all of you there's always a chance for that "miracle". I kind of feel that if there's enough voices yelling out than the chance of someone listening goes up. Well, the voice I heard from all of you wonderful people was loud and clear! I only hope the powers that be do as well.
My gratitude and love to all,
Eric
eric is offline   Reply With Quote