View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #94
madubois63

Dear Eric and Caryn - I am really sorry to read your sad news, but am glad that the doc hasn't given up. I've been in liver failure twice, but not for the same reasons. I was actually green with weeks to live and no chance of a transplant. Besides other treatments, my onc put me on heavy steroids to help my liver. Has this been suggested at all???? Also - Milk thistle helps cleanse the liver. I take it in a capsule form. My other suggestion is dandelion. Dandelion has long been used to cleanse the liver. it comes in pill form, tea and of course the real thing. I grew up on it (Greek) so I am use to the taste. I have to warn you it is bitter and an acquired taste. Best way to cook it is to boil (like spinach), put olive oil, lemon, garlic and salt & pepper to taste. Save the water. Strain it good and add sugar/honey or sweet-n-low. Caryne should drink several cups a day. The tea bags are easier, but I think fresh from the actual plant has more of the stuff she needs. Please tell Caryne about my story to give her what she needs most right now- hope. She already has determination (your 2 kids and you), but just remind her of that. Good luck and God bless...I believe in miracles because they have happened to me.
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver