View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 04:47 AM   #16
jhandley

Smile for steph

I don't really have a different schedule , I just make my appointments around my teaching schedule and not closer than 4 weeks. If I go to 6 weeks they want to reload me so I generally make it 4 -5.5 weeks.

I came pretty close to having a herceptin holiday but was talked out of it by a friend who is a doctor. I just got sick of all the travelling and all the waiting around in hospitals.

So I moved to melbourne which cut down on the travelling but I still have to wait 1.5 hours before I have my 30 minute infusion.

My current (new) employer does not know I have treatment and my onc said not to tell them as I have been in remission for so long.

I read a long time ago that the average half life of herceptin is 28 days anyway which is what they calculate the optimum treatment on perhaps?

I figure if I am taking 25 g of flaxseed a day which knocks out 70% of the her 2+ and the Q10 and DHA are looking after my brain then taking herceptin 4 or 5 weeks rather than 3 won 't hurt (and hasn't).

It is a compromise between trying to live as normal a life as possible and living as long as possible.

What I would like to do is get that her 2+ serum test so i can go off herceptin and go back on it if the numbers go up!!! I am waiting for enough data to get down under so we get the test here.

Cheers
Jackie (down under)
jhandley is offline   Reply With Quote