View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 08:36 AM   #38
Val Pfeiffer

Joe--another thought on facebook

I use Facebook and like it for many reasons. However I agree that specific and personal information belongs here on a site like this. I don't thin another site is needed.

However, with that said, I think Facebook might be a great way to help thers find us on this site. If Joe thinks this would work, I'd be happy to set up a group on Facebook for us. It would be something like this:

* purpose would be to support the her2 BC cause.

* include a brief decription of her2

* This site would be listed -- to inform people about it, and then they'd have to join just as anyone would if they found us through other channels.

No duplication or content or anything that duplicates what's on this site. Keep it very simple...use it as more of a "marketing" tool to help interested Her2 people to find this site.

A separate idea is to create a field in our profile on this site to list our individual Facebook link. Then users on this site who would like to be a friend of ours on FB could find us easily.
3 months weekly Herceptin, Taxol. Carboplatin
Significant tumor shrinkage
Mastectomy 3/05; Stage 3b, 9 cm tumor, 5/8+ nodes
3 more months weekly Herceptin, Taxol. Carboplatin
7/05 30 radiation treatments, IMRT planning approach
Started 1 year of Herceptin 9/05
9/06 Began quarterly triple doses Herceptin. Brain & breast MRIs semi annually.

6/08 Right breast, intraductal carcinoma, high nuclear grade associated with comedo necrosis; extensive diffusely involved the entire biopy specimen. ER+, PR-, Her2 unknown at this point, 07/08 mastectomy.
Val Pfeiffer is offline   Reply With Quote