View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
Ruth Ann

The only thing I have to say is maybe the Femara is making you have those symptoms. Please google femara side effects. I have a hard time getting out of bed and walking in the morning due to pain in ankles or knees...I feel like a 90 yr old women until I get up and moving around. Same goes for trying to get up and moving after sitting for a period of time or standing. I also get joint pain in the hands and sometimes numbness. I did start using the treadmill and that seems to help along with Aleve every now and then to help with the pain and stiffness. This all started after talking the Femara and I have been on it for over a year and will continue to take it because of being erpr+.
Good thoughts that it is nothing but the side affects of the medication..especially if your scans are negative.
Ruth Ann
2/2007 dx IDC of the right breast - ER+ PR+ HER2+
1.1 cm tumor
2/07 and 4/07 Lumpectomy x's 2 for clean margins and SNB
4/07SNB plus one other node -NEG
4/7 Mammosite placement with radiation twice a day for 5 days
(seroma only complication of treatment )
5/07 TCH dose dense x's 4 However had to stop carboplatin as I am allergic to it...and doses changed to 1/3 every week instead of every 3 weeks do to problems with rapid heart rate... with herceptin for 1 year every three weeks
4/08 Herceptin completed
10/07 Femara for 5 yrs
9/07 CT of chest,abd, pelvis, Bone Scan, mammagrams all neg
6/08 CT of chest, abd, pelvis, bone scan, mammagrams all neg
9/08 MRI of head - neg for ca...few spots do to the MS
I also have MS (which is status quo) and Hypothyroidism both being treated with medication
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote