View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
Gerri

Pudge that won't budge? There's hope.

Like so many of you I packed on the pounds during and after treatment – a whopping 25+ big ones! This was in addition to the extra weight I was already carrying pre dx. UGH! After treatment ended I started adding more fruits and vegetables to my diet. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of eating a healthy diet but my weight kept slowly climbing. I was miserable! To top it off I am taking two medications that can cause weight gain so I felt I was doomed to keep the extra pounds. I remembered MJo mentioning that she had joined Weight Watchers and lost over 50 pounds. Even though I have tried WW many times (unsuccessfully), I decided to give it another try. I joined on August 30, 2008, and as of today I am down 38 pounds – well, 37.8 to be exact, but one more trip to the bathroom prior to weigh-in would have gotten me down those extra ounces . This time it finally clicked. I committed myself 100% to the program and have not felt deprived at all.

I just wanted to share this with those of you who are battling to take off those extra pounds and to give you some encouragement. I’m not at my goal yet, but I am well on my way. I know I will be successful this time around!
ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote