View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Westcoastgirl

Thank you for the welcome!

Thank you for the welcome
I want to thank everyone that replied to me in the New Comers Group. I wept to read your welcoming messages. Thank you for sharing with me. It was suggested that I post here. Please bear with me as I learn to navigate here. Your replies helped me to feel positive and to accept my double mastectomy. I really liked my surgeon but did not understand why he was so adamant. I thought at first he saw me as someone that would not be able to handle the fear of the cancer returning if I kept the one breast, despite me being what I saw as quite contained in the meeting. I am at peace with that part of the puzzle now. Thank you. I had had two 6 month recalls for mammograms before I asked for a biopsy so going into the mastectomies we knew I was Her2 positive. At that time I did not really understand the significance. I will be going in to receive the Port this Monday and then meet with the Oncologist next Wed to discuss beginning treatment. Thus far I have had a bone scan, chest xray, internal organ ultrasound and a MUGA (no results yet).

I am wondering if I should request anything to check the brain??
Thank you for your support. Carolyn

invasive high grade ductal carcinoma 12/30/08
ER positive
PR positive
Her2 positive (3plus)
double mastectomy 1/15/09
8 nodes taken, all negative
Westcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote