Thread: Cancer Miracles
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #4
Debbie L.

not so simple

This topic fascinates me, too. However, it is extremely rare for remission to occur after fevers or infection. EXTREMELY rare. Researchers have been trying to get a handle on this since the late 1800's (maybe longer). If you're interested, there are several really good books.

"A Commotion in the Blood" by Stephen Hall, is older but does a good job on the history and some of the science. It's a fairly easy read. "The Transformed Cell" by Rosenberg is a little more current but also a harder read - still it's fascinating.

It is not nearly so simple as "boosting" our immune system. When we talk of boosting and/or measuring the function of our immune system we are almost always talking about its infection-fighting capability. The workings of the immune system r/t cancer is almost a whole separate topic, as the issue is not about boosting or encouraging stronger function - it's about getting the immune system to recognize cancer cells as something to act upon. That's where the vaccine research comes in. It's that ability to elude detection that is the hallmark of a successful cancer. If the cancer cell is elusive, it won't help to have the most robust immune system on the planet, because it won't be alerted to DO anything.

I'd love to discuss these books, especially the first one. Let me know if you read them.

Debbie Laxague
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote