Thread: Hi Guys
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 08:57 AM   #7
naturaleigh

Needing to vent and ask a question.

I just called my regular ONC to up my scans and a to schedule a MRI. As always, I get a recording. For the first time in over three years, I actually got a return call!! This was not from the nurse whoever, it was from one of the schedulers. She assumed I had talked to the nurse so she had several questions for me as to what the nurse said.

The only thing I got accomplished was to up my petscan from April to next week. Personally, I do not like Petscans because of the toxins they are putting in my body. From all of your stand points, which is more conclusive a PC or an MRI.?

Well a nurse just called me back. They do not want me to do an MRI because the Petscan is more conclusive and will show any changes I may have better than an MRI. I asked why the refuse to do an MRI and she said they are not refusing, they just want to see what if any changes the petscan shows before going further.

I have come to the conclusion that I need to go out of state for another opinion. Any one here from the North Carolina or Georgia area that can give a good recommendation?

Thanks again for the wonderful replies

er, pr-, Her2+++
Stage 2b, grade 3
negative nodes
4 rounds AC
3 months of weekly taxol
1 yr of Herceptin
Finish Herceptin May 2007
35 rounds of Radiation
Reconstruction completed Dec 2007
Implant replaced due to infection Mar 2008
4 Years NED!!!