View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 12:27 AM   #1
Rahab

Naturopath Options

My tumor markers have risen even though I have had 4 Herceptin treatments, I am disappointed because I thought the Herceptin would knock down the tumor markers. Oncologist wants me to use Gemzar or Navelbine, since it is synergistic with Herceptin. I don’t want to do chemo agents. I am looking into naturopath remedies. My cousin with advanced breast cancer has been successfully using Tetrathiomolybdate (with her naturopath) which I learned is now in a Phase II trial. Has anyone looked into this? Can anyone on Oahu suggest a good naturopath? Thank you.

DX 02/1990 – Stage II; 9 out of 13 positive lymph nodes. Mastectomy; 6 rounds CAF; 4 rounds 24/7 hospitalization with IV drip of Velban and Methotrexate.

Fall 1997 – Recurrence lymph node in neck. Surgery to remove lymph node. Radiation.
Fall 1997 through Fall 2004 on Tamoxifen (Ned).

Fall 2004 – Recurrence in lung. Biopsy indicated Her2. Femara. Lung nodule decreased in size; thoracotomy December 2005.

Spring 2008 – Recurrence in hip. Stop Femara. Start Zometa, Faslodex.
Fall 2008 – Scans show possible progression in liver and spine with rising tumor markers. Stop Faslodex. Continue Zometa. Start Aromasin, Herceptin (every 3 weeks).
2009 – Tumor markers rising. Need to find treatment.
Rahab is offline   Reply With Quote