View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
Snufi

Health care very important

Hi to all, I just heard a senator from arizona on Fox News. His pet project is to keep an eye on the provision in the stimulus pack that allows the gov to tell your doctor what treatment to give you. He cited another country that has the same provision in their health care and then went on to give an example of a disease that gets scrutinized for cost effectiveness for treatment. Can you guess what disease he cited? Thats right guys, BREAST CANCER. Whether we believe in National Health care or not, I'm sure none of you want the government telling your doctor what treatment to give you, for your breast cancer.

I'll leave you with this thought, once the gov sees how much Herceptin costs, do you think they will consider it cost effective, especially for the older ladies or guys?

I worked for the gov for 20 years and was a union officer. I know how the gov works.

I dont want to say too much as to get this message board in trouble, so if any of you want to know more, please privately e-mail me.

Snufi
Snufi is offline   Reply With Quote