View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
Snufi

update on Herceptin alone

Hi to all you guys, Have done some soul searching and ane decided to find a dr. who will give me Herceptin alone and or with Tamoxifen? If you know of any, please respond. Anyways, I thought you guys might want to know this. On about page 400 of the Stimulus pack Congress is trying to pass is National Health Care. Yes, our Pres and some members of congress decided to sneak it in the stim pack. Basically if this passes the fed. gov. will have everyones medical records on file. When you go to the Dr. with an illness the dr, will enter your illness, age and cost of treatment to see if you getting the treatment is cost effective. Of course this is a big negative to the elderly. Also, what do you think the gov will think about Herceptin as the treatment for us middle age or elderly folks. Cancer is not a pleasant way to die. Also there will be a lot incentive for experimental drugs because if FDA approves, they usually are expensive at first and what do you think our gov will think about that. I guess the gov thinks a way to cut costs is to kill off people who would otherwisw live even though the treatment might be expensive. Snufi
Snufi is offline   Reply With Quote