View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
tricia keegan

Fullofbeans,

I also have put up with some idiots like this but some of her remarks are totally unacceptable and you really don't have to be nice any longer. If your hospital has a patient advocacy office (and most do) you can address a complaint that way or through the nursing mgr or even your onc. Don't allow this woman to belittle you any longer. A complaint of this nature will not effect your future care at all and may be welcomed in weeding out these kind of people. This woman is in a position of authority and can easily have a very negative effect on someone newly dx (as she has on you).
I had to do this in the past myself regarding a problem with a nursing sister at the time of my ooph, I chose to address the letter to the professer (gyno) performing the op. Thankfully, he not only thanked me personally for bringing the problem to his attention but made copies of the letter to give to my onc and the hospital administration. He agreed with my complaint regarding this nurse and the problem was sorted and I felt gratifide.(sp?)
You are your own best advocate anyway and just think how good you'll feel after you make that complaint, she'll think twice in what she says to you in future!
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote