View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #7
Jean

Hi Lani,
Thank you, as always for posting the latest news that is so vital.

I especially enjoyed reading this new article since it supports what Dr. Slamon has been saying the past few years. I have been a bit concerned with the treatment of herceptin alone (maybe the future will be that) but for now the studies have been showing that herceptin works best along with chemo.

Several large studies demonstrated that trastuzumab significantly improves disease-free and overall survival when given in combination with, or following, chemotherapy, regardless of hormone receptor status.

This new article should hold very special value to those who are not sure about the chemo/hercpetin combo.
For now it is showing and demonstrating that is what we "have" that is showing results, until we can have studies showing other wise. I believe as we advance in research and drugs the day will finaly arrive when the chemo maybe dropped.

Great information in regards to AI proving to work in harmony with herceptin. If we all search back Becky has mentioned this about 2.5 yrs ago from early studies.

As I have said often to newly dx early stage sisters, the stats are not in yet - we may also soon see from studies that herceptin given to all her2....will change the face of this disease....

Each day we get a bit closer.
Thanks Lanie,
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo