View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #9
Midwest Alice

Thanks for responses, Here is more detail on my bio.

My breast rash had gone away by time of dx.This is not very common.
Before treatment CT/PET:Showed shadow on my spine, gone on 2nd. We thought it was a shadow, it may or may not have been.
My second CT/PET was after first-line treatment: My onc is almost sure the ? on my hips and pelvis will turn out to be bone growth. I think any change in April scan will answer that.
The great news from my 2nd is all organs looked clear and no sign of cancer around tumor site before radiation. What a blessing of healing!

So at this point I research.

I was turned down for a vaccine study at U of Washington because of low muga scores, 53,43,48. My onc and Doc at u of w both agree my heart would be fine, its an FDA regulation for their study. I have found 2 or 3 vaccine studies for reoccuring cancer that have muga requirements <= 45%

Improve my muga: Join a gym. I am going to two gyms at 5:30 AM to see who has swimming lanes open. Im a morning person. I also baught my co-q10. My goal is to bring my muga above 50% What ever the out come I know my body and mind will feel better the more active I am.

I want to get in the system at the new IBC clinic at M D Anderson and see what tirals will be coming out. I want to sell a case for below adv mugas in trials. Also vaccines trials for us while on Herceptin.(like u of W trial)

I continue on my journey.

I am thinking about going on a mission trip in July. I will go with my church to Germany for 10 days and teach English to teenagers. (I'm a teacher)I have to let them know if I'm interested next week. Both my kids voted yes!! I am waiting on my onc vote, I think he will vote yes too!!! If I have a change in treatment I can do it before I go or when I get back. I vote yes!! Now it is just a matter of being excepted on the team. Please pray for Gods will. No worry, if this is not the right plan another will turn up.
08/08, Herceptin/tax 12 every week
10/08, CT/PET clear, ? on pelvis, hips, MUGA 43, started Enalaprial for heart, Herceptin every 3 weeks
11/08 33Rads; 12/08 MUGA 48
2/09 MRI spine and bone scan, old mets to spine, Chest x-ray, blood work, IV NED,regular CPAP use,Zometa x6, first -flue like symptoms 2 days;Herceptin x3; stage 2 lymphoedema..sleeve and glove
4/09 Brain MRI - CLEAR; MUGA 54
7/09 chest ultrasound,
10/09 PET, brain and spin MRI NED Herceptin only. MUGA 59!!!
1/11 Hip replacement 7/11 Hip 2 replacement
4/12 4 years!! Herceptin
6/12 start reconstruction finish in 12/12
2/14 Herception - 6 years!!!

1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you
can stand up under it."

Midwest Alice is offline   Reply With Quote