Thread: Willpower
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 09:15 AM   #32
Gerri

MJO,

I don't know if Splenda is bad for you, but I have switched to Stevia. I found it at Trader Joe's (if you have one) but have recently seen commercials about this sweetner under another name (can't remember it of course) being sold at the grocery store. Apparently it is derived from a plant but that is all I know about it.

I have finally dropped the extra weight I gained during treatment and will be moving on to taking off the the excess pounds I had pre-treatment. I have now lost 31 pounds through Weight Watchers (just like you MJO) and am feeling great! I joined the last Saturday in August and have been steadily losing - even through the Holidays. For me, it is not a matter of "willpower" but I am making better choices now. I know this sounds trite and it is the mantra of Weight Watchers, but it finally clicked with me. I rarely miss the junk food and actually enjoy nibbling on red bell peppers, celery and tons of fruit. I switched from coffee (with creamer) to green tea and I love it! I know what a struggle it is to lose weight - I've been battling this my entire adult life. I really can say that I am finally at a place where this all makes sense and I know I will be successful.

I wish you all the best of luck with your weight loss efforts. Find what works for you and stick with it. Don't beat yourself up when you give in to temptation. Move past it and just get back to healthy eating. It is not easy, but it is worth the effort!

All my best,
ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote