View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 10:17 PM   #18
christie

Dear Lani,

I am sending you my full report, right from biopsy to the post operative report, i hope you will get all details as to how deep was the margin and how big was the tumor and other details.

thanks a lot, will wait for your response

love
christie
My biopsy report before surgery said::::

FNA right breast-

Microscopy: Moderate cellularity consisting of malignant ductal cells, lying singly and in groups.
The cells nuclei are enlarged, hyperchromatic with prominent nucleoli. Pleomorphism is seen.
Adipose tissue and stromal element are also seen.

Diagnosis: Features are consistent with those of ductal carcinoma – right breast

My mastectomy specimen report said: (pathology)

Gross: cut section shows a white tumour 3cm maximum diameter and 0.7 cm from deep resection margin. No lymph nodes are felt.

Microscopy: sections show breast tissue involved by an invasive tumour composed of ductal cells that are moderately pleomorphic,
Show few mitoses and moderate tubule formation. The tumour has provoked an intense desmoplastic reaction.
The tumour shows intraductal tumour of both comedo and solid styles and shows lymphatic permeation.
Tumour extends close to the deep resection margin.
No background breast disease is seen

Diagnosis: Invasive Ductal carcinoma(NOS) grade I,

test for ER,PR and Her2 --

Addendum: Immunoperoxidase staining was performed with adequate controls and the following staining reactions obtained:

Oestrogen receptor staining _ Intensity (0)
Distribution (0)
Score (0) negative

Progesterone receptor staining - negative

HER 2 score(+3) - positive

SUMMARY : Immunihistochemistry shows this tumour to be ER (-ve), PR(-ve), her2 (+ve)

christie is offline   Reply With Quote