View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 12:42 AM   #29
Chelee

Hi Liz, I still have not gotten a scan & I have tried everything except checking into the ER room myself...& that did cross my mind.

I really believed my pulmonary doc was going to order a scan but I could tell the "minute" I got in his office he had already gotten his "marching orders" from my onc or primary? Again, this is all "Profit over Patient". It's so blatantly obvious to me. When I told my pulmonary doctor my concerns he was very short with me & said, "Well, they are following you over there at that cancer center closely so I wouldn't worry". My primary doc & onc both knew I was going to see him so they put a stop to it.

But since then I did do as Chrisy suggested & told my onc that I wanted it documented that I requested a scan because I have extreme scapula pain & issues with my breathing. My onc already had it written in her notes before I even asked & gave me copies of it 3 wks ago. So the only other thing I've been trying to do is get back into see my primary doc but he has been gone. I'm going to let him know HOW obvious it was that they gave my pulmonary doc orders NOT to ok scans. Even though I am frustrated with my primary doc I've been with him 30 yrs and we can talk about anything. So I'm waiting to see what he has to say after all this? But this has sure ruined my holidays. They wear me down then I just have to let it go for a while so I can re-group & start again. They think I have given up & went away....not!!! (As Arnold says, I'll be back!) lol

My scapula pain is better though which is a major relief to me. It was really extreme pain. Now it comes and goes but it's very slight to mild pain so I've had less anxiety over it. Thanks for thinking of me Liz.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote