View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
Sherryg683

Cancer can go directly into your bloodstream without having lymphatic invaision, that's what I was told by several oncologists. So the fact that lymph nodes were negative does not mean that there is absolutely no cancer left. My brother passed away with melanoma this year, when diagnosed, he had no positive lymph nodes. A year later, it was in his liver. Chemo is no fun, but now a days it is doable. Everyone has to make their own choice. I wish I could have caught my cancer at an early stage. Knowing what I know now, I definately would have done chemo even then. It is terrifying to be told that you are a stage IV and be given such low odds of survival. I am of the belief that you do everything you can so that this monster does not come back with a vengence. There's no gurantee of anything of course but as long as I can be alive and with my family, I am willing to deal with any side effects of chemo...sherryg683

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote