Thread: Willpower
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 09:47 AM   #25
Bill

I've been eating like a horse lately. I went back to VA for 10 days to visit family and old friends ( I mean they're not "old", just that I've known them for almost half a century,.....hmmmm, never mind..) Anyhow, Rita and I had our Christmas this past Sunday. I baked a spiral ham, roasted potatoes, carrots, radishes, and sliced a fresh pineapple. I ate until my stomach was tighter than a Choctaw war drum, then I ate some more. Rita decided she wanted a ham sandwich for lunch the next day, so as I was putting the food away, I told her I'd slice some up for her and put it into a tupperware container, only something went wrong. As I began to slice, my willpower snapped like a dry twig under a fat cowboy's boot. I put one piece into the container and then one into my mouth. "Aw man, that's good ham". One piece into the container, then another into my mouth, etc. Same with the pineapple and roasted vegetables. So, my advice is to have someone else put the leftovers away, and just sit on Terri's couch and drink beer. With food, my willpower is in the grocery store. I only buy healthy things, but if it is in front of me, or in the house, I eat it.

Last edited by Bill; 12-30-2008 at 10:04 AM..
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote