View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 07:13 AM   #15
Becky

Dear Sheila

It is so aggravating to not be able to live your life like you want too because of illness. I had a viral pneumonia prior to bc and I swear I had one during chemo too - I had a cold with a sinus infection and a cough that lasted 7 weeks.

I think the only thing you can really do is the old age remedy of plenty of hot toddies No, really - this is the time for the family to do Christmas and for you to write a check as a Christmas gift or tell them they will all get "Valentine's Day or Easter Presents" instead. Let someone else make the meal and let go of the guilt about it. You're sick. You need to rest (really rest) and get plenty of fluids. If you do anything at all, make yourself a big pot of soup and hunker down with it. If you feel like the antibiotics or other drugs your doctor has given you are not working, today is the day to have them change your prescriptions (due to the holiday).

Give yourself this month long break. You deserve to rest up from the nasty bugs that got you down.

Also, viral pneumonia takes awhile to get over. At first it seems like a bad cold but it goes on forever and zaps your strength, even if you don't have chemo but with chemo, it has to be worse.

Don't fret about SABCS either. I couldn't go this year too. We'll go together next year and be roommates again if you want!

Rest, rest, rest is the best advice I have. Let everyone else do the work this year. I know your family adores you and they won't mind.

Merry Christmas Sheila.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote