View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 07:41 AM   #20
Paris

Thanks for your kind replies ladies. I often find when I read these studies that I have more questions than I did before reading. It would have been much more imformative if the researchers had split out all the different populations of the study like age and er status. It just leaves me wondering what the numbers were for pre-menopausal hormone negative people were. I do feel fortunate that I got many opinions as there were those doctors that felt that chemo/herceptin was like an insurance policy since at that time they felt I had only a 10% chance of recurring if I did no adjuvant therapy. Obviously now that this study came out that 10% is not accurate. Maybe I am splitting hairs but I have had so many things happen cancer wise that shouldn't have happened due to my "good stats" that it shakes my confidence to a degree. Yes, I do keep myself busy, take care of myself and enjoy life. I just wish I could shut off that little voice in my head!
SNB Node Negative
Chemo Taxotere, Cytoxan 2/07-4/07
Herceptin Started 5/07
Exchange surgery 6/15/07
Herceptin stopped after 12 rounds due to herceptin induced cardiomyopathy
On heart meds 'til?
Age 40 at diagnosis
Cancer may have been a defining moment but it does not define me!
Paris is offline   Reply With Quote