View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #33
Unregistered

Hi Debbie,

I agree with all your points. I don't think a general disclaimer is necessary, and I believe that, in general, advice on this board is given and received in the spirit you suggest. I just felt uncomfortable because I felt (perhaps incorrectly) that Amelia seemed to be looking to me (and others) to give specific treatment advice that she intended to follow, and I am in no way qualified to give such advice. (Except for the advice to get another opinion:-))

I like the idea of posting links to abstracts (or better yet, articles) when one has them readily available, because I personally like to see and test the bases for the poster's opinion. But I don't think that is always necessary when one is merely expressing an opinion or suggestion. Unfortunately, on most controversial subjects, there often are articles with conflicting points of views. One source of information other than articles that I find valuable is CME (continuing medical education) lectures that are available on line. Often these lectures discuss and interpret studies done by various groups, and sometimes they attempt to explain the disparities in results.

Best regards,

Jill