View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 08:36 AM   #1
LAURIE

31 weeks and all is well

Just checking in to say "everything is still going great" with me and the baby. We are still so shocked. Every doc visit and I think okay we can handle bad news. I have been feeling good too.

As a retail manager I have been working 50-60 hours a week right now and still doing fine. Now I have been told that I have been a little bitchier, but they can deal with that. I have only gained 12 pounds so far, although my belly is getting bigger for sure. I have been having charley horses in the morning and have had a little trouble getting comfortable in bed. I know I am getting into the uncomfortable phase coming up , but I am ready for the challenge. We feel so blessed.

I have talked to a lot of people about child birth and how they were so scared. I am not scared at all. Bring on the meds. A lot of time, childbirth it is the first time that people have an i.v. or have undergone surgery. I am old hat with all of that. The only part I fear is the coming home part.

I have been having dreams that the baby comes out with lymphedema. What a crazy dream. My lymphedema has gotten worse, and manual lympatic drainage on my belly is out of the question right now.

We still do not have a name yet. I told my parents some names we were thinking and my mom gave me a book of saints. I will try to get a good pic of my big belly soon.

Laurie
Diagonsed 8/10/06 (found own lump)at 35
Her 2 +++, er-/pr-
4 A/C 8-29-06 to 11-06
Lumpectomy, node dissection- 11/30/06
Pathology report stage IIIC
1 tumor 3 cm
10 of 15 nodes +
12 Taxol 12/18/06-03/06/07
Herceptin 12/18/06- 12/11/2007 done!!! yeah!!!
33 rads started 3/22/07, done!! yeah!! 5/07/07
Lymphedema diagonsed 2/1/07
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
port out 1/10/08
pregnant after 6 yeas of trying- due mid feb.
Ryder David Kessel Hunter born feb.6th 2009

LAURIE is offline   Reply With Quote