View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 02:29 PM   #19
schoolteacher

I really appreciate all the information about Tamoxifen and Herceptin. Some of you posted last night after I left school, so I was unable to read your post until this afternoon.

He gave me the prescription today for the Tamoxifen. I do know at this point if I take the tamoxifen, I will definitely be taking the Herceptin with it. He told me I can stay on the Herceptin after February if I want to.

I also asked him about having my ovaries out like Caya did, and he said, "He did not know if he would recommend doing this at this point." My estrogen level was 50 three weeks ago, and I do not understand why it is still at this level. I have not had a period in over three years. I am not overweight, and I walk some. I have started eating some foods with soy in them, and I wonder if this is affecting my estrogen level.

He did do an Elisa test to check the Her2 today. The last one was 11.9, so I am praying that it is still in the normal range.

I am reading the latest article that Hoepful has posted.

I am wondering if you can be tested for the being deficit in E-cadherin (absencee of good cell-cell adhesion)?

I have thought about getting him to do a phone consultation with Dr. Slamon to see what he thinks.

Amelia
schoolteacher is offline   Reply With Quote