View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 06:36 PM   #30
Mary Jo

Thanks everyone who posted since my last "thanks everyone!" Today is a new day and a better day. I, too, believe it is sinus related (throat issues also) and believe that things are getting a bit better - although not gone. I do remember last year addressing this same type of "stuff" and was also put on Zyrtec for allergies as my PCP felt that was the issue - WHATEVER!!! LOL...they all have a "guess" in it I guess. Anyway, after speaking with my oncs. nurse yesterday and her questioning my "past" sinus issues (if there were any) - I forgot - that most definitely YES there were. Also, I always seem to get pain in the back of my head near the base of the skull when I get these type of sinus/allergy issues. This is most definitely not the first time. After speaking with my oncs. nurse she told me that not only do we have sinuses in the front and top of our head (where most people's pain and pressure are) we also have them in the back, near the base of the skull and there are a lot of people who have pain their also. So..........long story short (ya, right...this is me we're talking about - hehe) I will pay attention. Yes, Steph, you are right...I am not the "stew in your juice type" and will do what I feel needs to be done. For now I will wait till the 18th because I believe it is nothing HOWEVER I am not the "bury your head in the sand type either" and realize, of course, I could have brain mets BUT I don't think I do. So...I will wait.....take my antibiotics and speak with my onc. on the 18th. I have a feeling he will want to order a brain MRI because that one time I had the pain in my leg for awhile and I told him about that he wanted a bone scan even when I asked him if we could NOT do that. Oh well...time will tell...for now though....all is good......

As Dori Day once said (I'm dating myself, aren't I?) Gay sa ra sa ra...whatever will be...will be... the futures not ours to see.......gay sa ra sa ra. (LOL is that cheesy or what???)

Thank you everyone.....and yes, I'll keep you posted. And you know what??????? I hate this disease and what it does to us emotionally. Although I REFUSE TO LET IT CONTROL ME most of the time.....sometimes it does and that really PISSES ME OFF. (excuse the harsh language but this is cancer we're talking about here ..... I can think of a whole lot WORSE language I could have used and didn't)

Love to you....

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06