Thread: Reconstruction
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 10:49 AM   #7
swimangel72

Congratulations Louise - I'm so happy your reconstruction went so well with no complications! You're still recovering, so don't over do it. Many women get too confident and hurt their stomach's by doing too much too quickly. It's good you're wearing the abdominal binder - my PS never recommended it and it's probably another reason (on top of the MRSA staph I had) that I ended up with this big hernia.

Michka I hope you'll be feeling stronger soon - definitely your immune systems needs to be tip-top before this surgery takes place. I went in to my surgery feeling "tip-top" but I wasn't. I was actually sick with a 100.5 fever - but the anesthesiologist let my surgery proceed anyway - which resulted in me getting the MRSA staph - and all my later problems. So be very cautious about your health prior to surgery. Even on the day of surgery, if you don't feel well - or have the slightest fever - call it off. You can always reschedule it for later (too bad if it's an inconvenience to the surgeons - your health comes first!)
IDC Stage 1, Grade 1
ER+ 90% /PR+ 90% /Her2++++, BRAC1 & 2 neg
3/5/08 - mast with muscle-sparing free tram;
0/7 nodes clear; Stage 1 lymphedema in right arm
3/11/08 - MRSA infection in abdomen causes large hernia
4/11/08 - Oncotype DX score 22 (intermediate)
4/12/08 - Muga score 67%
4/23/08 - Chemo, Navelbine and Herceptin every 2 weeks
8/20/08 - Last Navelbine infusion! Yay!
1/22/09 - First mammo since dx - unaffected breast CLEAR!
1/30/09 - Second Muga score 63%
swimangel72 is offline   Reply With Quote