View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 01:20 AM   #18
Chelee

Hi Harrie, I've tried blaming the upper back pain on all kinds of things. Mainly the way I sit when using my laptop. But I've made major changes and have been much more active & nothing has helped.

My biggest concern is not just the upper back pain...it feels like its harder to breath. It's like I can't take a deep breath in. And of course the more I focus on it the worse it seems to get. My lungs were already compromised before being dx with bc...so it doesn't take much to affect my breathing. But at least all the calls I made yesterday over them refusing to let me see my pulmonary had some affect. They told me yesterday it would take at least 4 or 5 days to get authorization...but this morning they ok'd it and now I am allowed to go see my pulmonary doctor. I guess they realized I was NOT going away! So I will see my pulmonary doc on Monday morning. Thanks for the ideas Maryanne.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rich, Paying for my own scan was going to be a last resort because finances are so tight. But as you know...sometimes that is the price of piece of mind. I was hoping to avoid it since there is only one income here. I'm glad your insurance ended up paying for your Mom's scan. It's awful any of us has to fight these things when dealing with a major illness. Your Mother is so very blessed to have you there for her. It makes a world of difference.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote