View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 06:33 AM   #16
kcherub

Thanks, everyone!!! I agree that I feel more depressed having a cold and for the same reason! I should be getting healthier, not ending up with each and every little bug out there!!!

I think the cough is the most frustrating. I want to call my ONC., but then again I a) don't want to have any sort of x-rays, etc. this close to the holidays (too much stress and not enough enjoyment with that) and b) since I can constantly feel stuff dripping down the back of my throat, causing the tickle that causes me to cough, I know the cough has a mechanism making it happen.

During the day, I have an intermittent cough, but the morning is the worst. I wake up with a tightness in my chest, but it could also be me anticipating a coughing fit. I cough pretty violently for a few minutes (to the point of tears in my eyes) until I feel the stuff in my nose break up and am able to blow it all out. After that, the coughing stops (except for the drip-related cough). I know that most of us go by the 2-week rule for symptoms, but should I be all that concerned when there is another issue going on?

Meaning, if I were just having a coughing fit with NO drip, I would be much more worried, and would call my ONC. They are used to it, I assure you. Sometimes, I just need someone to bring me down and tell me--it's a sinus issue, silly. Believe me, I have looked up "lung mets symptoms" about 15,000 times and it's all pretty muddy...

Thanks so much and take care.
ER/PR 90%+ HER2 +
6 TCH started 5/25/2007, ended after #5 due to steroid "reactions" and neuropathy in feet and hands
BUT--#6 CH w/o Taxotere
Begin Herceptin alone 9/28/2007
30 rads completed 12/19/2007
Finish Herceptin 5/9/2008
Stopped Tamoxifen early--HATED it.
Married 17 years
13-year old son
3 embies on ice (from 1999)
GA, USA

kcherub is offline   Reply With Quote