View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #15
Chelee

Mary jo, Thanks for thinking of me and your kind words. I was suppose to have an appt. with my pulmonary doctor Tues. morning but they called & canceled it. They said I had no authorization to see him. This makes no sense, I have been seeing him since I landed in the hospital due to chemo related issues back in Feb. 2006. This pulmonary was not in my "HMO" group but they allowed me to continue to be seen by him since then.

I've had lots of appts with him and in fact he JUST ok'd two prescriptions for me not even a month ago. So if I have no authorization why is he handing out medications for me. (It's like my onc & primary doc stopped this...no one wants me to have a scan.) So I was on the phone ALL morning till 4:00 PM today. Calls to everyone including my primary. Now they are saying they will TRY to get it authorized but it will take 4 or 5 days and if I don't hear from them to call back. I lost it today when I was done, just tears...I feel like someone beat me. I'm emotional exhausted. (No need to worry about bc...because my managed care is literally going to kill me 1st.)

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote