View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 01:10 AM   #8
Chelee

Bill & Sherry, thanks for your added support. Bill my primary doc same as already answered my question about scans. I flat out asked him if he would order the scans after radiology looks at my x-rays? He said he would try to push it through but chances are since my onc would not ok the scans...it would probably be denied.

This is just their way of dragging this out some more and putting me off forever until its too late. If my primary tells me already he doubts they will approve the scans after reading my x-rays...then why did he even bother with it!!! (I'm so ticked off)

I've dealt with this upper back pain a long time before asking my onc for a scan. How fast do these lung mets grow? I would think fast with this her2 bc. They said my scans last April were clean...but who knows how well the radiologist looked at them? My breathing wasn't bothering me back in April...but it is now.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote