View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #10
Chelee

Hi Cristl, I hope all went well with your new port? I'm sure it did...it's usually not too bad having it put in. You might have a little soreness for a few days but other then that you will be glad you got it.

I'm sure your anxiety level is up tonight knowing you have your first infusion tomorrow. But once you get this first one out of the way...the next time will be so much easier.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you...I do know how scared you are. I've been there and done that. Like you...I too was terrified. Once I finished my first infusion I could of kicked myself for being so nervous and upset. That day was so non-eventful. No problems and I actually felt great. So if you get to read this tonight...try not to worry too much...it won't be even half as bad as you are expecting. (I know that is so hard to believe.) When you are feeling up to it...let us know how your doing. Hang in there.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote