View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:57 PM   #13
madubois63

As someone that has been told to put things in order several times (and lost my hair 6 times), I am a little peeved at your docs attitude (and yours). Sorry, but it is time to gear up and NOT pack it in. There are many options for you to try as suggested by others here. I personally would move back to NY for a bit to get the drugs you can't get in Japan. I'd be signing up for Medicaid and finding a onc so fast, but that's just me...If you can't do that (understandable), besides some of the stuff that has already worked for you and the other suggestions made above, I'd be looking in to some complimentary treatments (besides the traditional medication). Japan has so much available when it comes to non-traditional treatments. I personally have taken Metaki mushroom and believe I've had great success with it. I am now taking a mushroom complex along with Herceptin and the 2 spots on my lung are half the size they were when found and still shrinking. I have found that I am selfish and refuse to live in a world without me in it. Please take some time to regroup, as I ususally do, then move on. The news is not always what it seems to be. Some people are looking at cancer as chronic disease and using one treatment until the next is needed. It's just time for you to change - NOT pack it in. I've got nearly nine years and six incidences of experience in this department. If you need to talk one on one, let me know.
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver