View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 09:24 AM   #7
CristlC

Thank You

Thank you for all your responses! I am glad someone sent me over to this site. I have to make a decision and am so worried about picking one regimen over the other.

AC + Taxol/Herceptin
Vs.
Taxol/Herceptin

I am leanging towards going trusting the doctor at Baylor and going with the Taylor/Herceptin. He feels this will be a more personalized approach for me and my ovaries. I am guessing kids won't be in the picture but he said the AC would have more of a risk. He said my recurrence rate right now is around 10% and that the Taxol/Herceptin would bring me down to the 5-6% range. Adding, AC would bring me down another 1-2% but obviously with more side effects, hard on the ovaries, etc. ALso, mentioned the small size of the tumor that was there (.4cm) and node negative.

My Oncologist is a leader in the field, Dr. Osborne so I will comfortable staying there over MDA. His NP is wonderful.

So I am worried about picking Baylor over MDA and one treatment over the other. I am going crazy with all this and need to make a decision and move. I am scared to death of all this.
Thanks again for all your responses!
CristlC is offline   Reply With Quote