View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
DLL

TCH: X4 vs. X6 ???

I am on the 3rd of 4 TCH treatments (every three weeks). I am concerned that most (all?) posters I see on this bulletin board who are on the TCH regimen are having 6 treatments.

I asked my oncologist about this, and she said those with 6 treatments are probably node-positive (I am node-negative), so that is the difference. But I'm not so sure that statement is validated by what I am seeing on the posts on this bulletin board. Hmm... Is my oncologist making a mistake? I want to get the maximum protection from chemo. Should I be pushing hard for 6? (Not that I love chemo and wouldn't be delighted to be done at 4, but after going this far, I don't want to leave a crack in the door if 6 treatments would close it!!)

Can anyone share any wisdom (or research?) on 4 treatments vs. 6 treatments of TCH? And I'd love to hear from others who were/are similarly scheduled for only 4 treatments of TCH (and what the rationale or research was for that decision). THANKS so much!

DLL: Age 47, Dx 7/2008, IDC, 1.1cm, Stage Ib, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+, pre-menopause; otherwise in good health! :-)

P.S. The C in TCH is carboplatin.

P.S.S. I am aware that the NCCN Practice Guidelines call for 6 cycles of TCH. But those were published in January of this year, so I'm wondering if there has been some new research or protocols that suggest 4 is enough in certain cases (and, if so, which cases)???
DLL is offline   Reply With Quote