View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 12:04 AM   #14
Jean

My dear sisters,
I look at it this way....our cancer was surgical removed, then we were treated with chemo/herceptin...

Next we do everything we can to eat the best foods
(yes some days we slip up) gosh, we are only human, we
take our supplements........

I find a strange situation that I will share...in the first year...we are still reeling from the entire event.
The second year we are looking over our shoulder and counting, not every second but here and there, as nitewind stated, "waiting for the other shoe to drop"...
then as you move further along this strange new journey the 3rd year...you may think or say "Well I have passed another mile stone - I am more than half way to the 5 yr. mark...still the thought will come to the front of your mind and you wonder....

My little bit of advise is when your mind brings up the worry just remind yourself you are in the "new data pool" and that data has more going for it than not.
Think of it this way...if the herceptin trials were proving get results with Stage 4...well consider what the new data should bring forth.

Then we have Laurie...who gives us all a huge smile
with the fantastic news of her new life coming our way!
It just doesn't get any better girls.

We are all blessed and doing fine....do a dance, jump for joy and I say to myself each day...get up, move be busy, "It is hard to catch a moving target"....ha ha
but besides the humor (and that is vital) each day we become stronger ...having been dx. with bc teaches us a beautiful lesson....embrace and enjoy everything, every moment.

Take those breaths my sisters!
Hugs,
jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006

Last edited by Jean; 10-28-2008 at 12:07 AM..
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote