View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 07:08 AM   #6
Mary Anne in TX

For me, I've decided that Her2 BC is a lot like being a parent (well, a grandparent parent, that is)...you have to be on your toes every single day, but you can still eat chocolate and enjoy life. I worry about "parenting" a lot more than I worry about bc anymore. I know I have to stay diligent with both. But so many on this board have taught me to have some fun along the way! It's taken me a while, but I'm getting so much better. I have come to realize that I can't determine the outcome on either. My
granddaughter will turn out as she will...I'll just give it my very best! And I'm trying to do the same with my health. I have 2 more herceptin treatments scheduled along with bone, chest and abdomen scans. When Christmas rolls around, I'll be starting a new "life". No every 3 weeks treatment! Yes, I'm scared, really scared, but, I think I'm more scared of the change than of stopping treatments. I've always done change so well, and now I want my life to be really boringly the same!!! Sounds terrific to me. So many times I've heard others say that it just takes time and determination to get back to life. It will be 3 years since diagnosis on Dec. 27 and I guess I'm getting tired of letting bc steal from me.
Anyway, no more rambling....
Best wishes to you and keep on believin..... ma

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote