View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 08:08 PM   #37
dlaxague

wow, Mary Jo, you made it thru to the end of that?

I was somewhat aghast to see how long my post was when it appeared. I should have just posted the quote (laughing ruefully). Here's the whole thing:

"“Just as disease was present before your awareness, so illness can persist beyond physical recovery. When you learn that you have a serious disease, you want it fixed. You seek treatment for cure – to rid your body of the disease. You also want something more…something not only impossible, but detrimental to healing. You want everything to go back the way it was before illness. You imagine that the way to wholeness is backward, rather than the forward journey you must make.

Serious illness takes you to life’s horizon. Yet, here at the edge is the first step of the beginning of the healing journey. It opens all other healing pathways with the gift of present moment living. That is, the awareness that the now is, in reality, the only reality. You have a choice here as well. Use this moment in wishes or regrets for a time past before illness…or with dread and fear for your future. In either case, you will poison the present and miss your opportunity to live this one moment to its fullest." Mary Ann T. Romano

dlaxague is offline   Reply With Quote