View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
DonnaD

Thoughts on the movie Living Proof?

I was wondering what everyone thought of the movie last night? We don't have cable but are on the road in the RV and were able to see it. Talking to Christine, I knew there was a surprise in store for us. How wonderful to see her and then both our fearless leaders on the commercial. I can not put into words the gratitude I have for Christine and Joe. I look back over the last 2 years of my life and can't believe the knowledge I have gained from this site. I am so grateful for the friendships I have found here. I now have a true sense of sisterhood!

Now onto the movie. I was really amazed at all that went into getting Herceptin available to us. I am indebted to Dr. Salmon and all our sisters that went through the early trails for us. I see Herceptin as our miracle treatment.

I was unable to record the movie last night but ask a friend at home to record it for me. If available I would love to share it with my sisters outside the states that were unable to see it. I went to sleep last night with tears in my eyes and a smile on face. We all should be grateful and feel blessed to have Herceptin available to us. Miracles do happen!

Donna
Lumpectomy 8/30/06
Stage llA, grade 3, ER/PR-, Her2++
1.7 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node out of 9
Completed 4 A/C, & 4 Taxol with Herceptin
36 rads completed 5/16/07
Mammograms, 7/07 clear
fractured ribs in radiated area 10/07
Finished Herceptin 12/27/07
Mammogram,CT,tumor markers 1/08 - small lung nodules in radiated area, repeated tests 3/08 stable
Mammogram,CT ,tumor markers 6/08 stable
NED 2 years!!
3 years !!!
4years!!!!
4 years, 10 months and 8 day NED, calling it 5 years!!!
Official 5 years 8/30/2011
8/31/ 2012 - 6 years!!!!!!

Last edited by DonnaD; 10-20-2008 at 04:36 AM..
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote