View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 06:13 AM   #5
mts

Come on ladies (and gents) ... sign up !

Marcia-

You can submit your app and when you get the call, you can tell them you can't for that time -but maybe for another time... at least your "in".
There are other ways to review as well--- I have completed one review from my computer at home (about 10 hours of work over the course of 2 weeks) and never had to go to DC. When I volunteered, I thought I was volunteering with no pay. I was truly surprised to get a $750 check in the mail !

I think the best part "bonus" is the invitation to the Era of Hope meeting -which takes place every 2 years-where all the funded research projects provide their results to date. A true source of hope for a cure. And you have a hand in it !

I hope more of us show an interest. My second year of advocacy was the first year that HER2 was the main focus of research (at least in the group I sat in).

Brenda: You can pretty much pick and choose which panel you sit on. Knowing this will better help you pick the most convenient time to serve...

Maria
Infiltrating DCIS
HER2+, ER+10% & PR-
.9cm tumor not visible on mammo, but palpable; visible on ultrasound
Lumpectomy/ clear margins, no nodes
Had Breast MRI after lumpectomy that revealed two more tumors in same quadrant(.4cm and 1.6cm) that were not visible on either mammo or ultrasound.
Re-excision
DD AC+T; Herceptin one year
Rads
NED/Taking Tamoxifen reluctantly
--------------
mts is offline   Reply With Quote