View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #1
mts

WANTED: Consumer Reviewers for Research Funding

Hi All-

Every year I try to recruit Consumer Reviewers for the Dept of Defense, CDMRP (Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program)

This is OUR chance to actually help decide where and who receives federal funding for breast cancer research !!! I know many of us doubt the funding availability provided by the US government --- but this is an area where you can see exactly how bc research funding works and likely convince you that the money is there for the innovative research facilities.

Its a tremendous opportunity to meet some of the most gifted bc scientists and survivors in a forum that scores and ranks research proposals from around the world and the USA of course. If anything- its also a way to see and hear the latest in research that has yet to hit the public eye.

I have served for three years and every year I go, "other" breast cancer organizations show up in higher numbers... HER2's need to be there to represent the rest of us.

Please go to http://cdmrp.army.mil/cwg/default.htm
and click on how to apply. Its sooo easy and as a bonus-you get paid to do this and all transportation costs as well. Meetings are held in DC.

Maria
Infiltrating DCIS
HER2+, ER+10% & PR-
.9cm tumor not visible on mammo, but palpable; visible on ultrasound
Lumpectomy/ clear margins, no nodes
Had Breast MRI after lumpectomy that revealed two more tumors in same quadrant(.4cm and 1.6cm) that were not visible on either mammo or ultrasound.
Re-excision
DD AC+T; Herceptin one year
Rads
NED/Taking Tamoxifen reluctantly
--------------
mts is offline   Reply With Quote