View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 08:17 PM   #5
AbbyDawg

Great news about the Arimidex impenetrable packaging fiasco! I called my pharmacist and ranted and he said he'd rant to his saleman ... then he asked if there was an 800 number on the NEW packaging. Sure enuff there was in giant letters! So I called them, the FIRST thing the recorded message says is, "If you are calling about the new packaging for Arimidex, please press one." Hmmmm, does that make ya think they are already getting an ear full?

I stayed on the line and also complained to a Real Person but the main message they are saying is that as of Sept. 1, 2008, they went back to the 30 count bottle or the new packing option. We get to choose. Oh, by the way, they did mention that they are examining new reforms to the blister packs. Duhhhhhhhhhh.

Sooooo, the bottom line is that all pharmacists can give you the old 30 count bottles ... as long as they know now they can order it either way. I suggest you all call your pharmacists ahead of the time for your next reorder and say you will not accept the blister packs and ask them to order the bottles. My pharmacist did not know they had changed back on Sept. 1 and was SO happy to know he could order the bottles again for all his customers.

We DOOOO have power!!!!

I asked the nurse on the phone, "What ever possessed an presumably intelligent company to even come close to making such an idiotic change like that?" She said it was to help people not forget to take it each day. I told her the packaging would not only cause MORE non-compliance, it would be reason enough for me to switch to a different treatment.
AbbyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote