View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 09:35 AM   #6
Becky

I am in favor of a diet, exercise and supplement section where members can post questions but can also be the depository of studies on diet, exercise and supplements.

It is the biggest way we can not only self help ourselves and each other but to understand prevention and how it all comes together.

Also, I am an advocate of our outreach to the community. How can we reach out in our own communities to make them aware of Her2 Support? In order to grow, we need as many members as possible. A flyer that is specifically written for the newly diagnosed and can be left in cancer centers, doctor's offices and local Breast cancer support groups is the way to go.

I also think it is time to reach out to other groups such as Komen, Annie Appleseed and perhaps others. I am willing to research groups that may align with some of our goals so we can self promote via links to each other etc. Another would be the Young Survivor Coalition. I know I don't have my thoughts on this on a true plan or what it would accomplish yet (perhaps others will comment) but to reach out more fully to the bc community in general. We can discuss Joe.

I will probably have other ideas but was so busy this week (hubby's car blew the engine and we were unprepared to have to go out and buy a new car suddenly - so I have been "out of it" for a couple of days)

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote