Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 05:41 AM   #1
John21

Help

My wife needs help. Her is what I have so far. She is stage IV with Mets to the bones and especially the lower spine and pelvice area. She has had her ups and downs over the last 5-6 years, but for the most part has lead an active life until the last year. Slowly she is loosing the ability to use her left leg. Some of the bone tumor is somehow pressing on the sciatic nerve causing major pain and numbness in her foot. The doctors are unsure what to do. It is very atypical. The pressure is not a disc or mri visible impairment. It occurs lower behind the pelvic area somewhere(thats the part that kills me - somewhere) How can they not know where. Well she is on major pain meds which are not great and do not work well. We did radiation earlier, but I think we may have missed the spot. They seem not to want to do surgery, then what then! This process is very lengthy. My latest fear which happened is that she will fall. She did twice in two days greatfully she did not break anything. If any one has a suggestion, please please help. I am running out of options.

John - Husband
John21 is offline   Reply With Quote