View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 04:21 PM   #8
Louise O'Brien

Dianne:

I see you're from Canada - so the treatment is relatively standard from province to province.

I was exactly where you are now - two years ago. Your discussion with the oncologist sounds exactly like the discussion I had with mine two years ago.

Under our health care system - Herceptin is combined with chemo. It was the chemo that horrified me. Like you - I considered walking away from the whole thing.

I can only tell you now - two years later - I am so thankful I did not. I chose full treatment and I know now I will never have to second guess myself wondering ... did I do enough... what if.... what if?? I feel I did everything I could, in my power to try to stop this thing.

Her2 is an aggressive little devil and no one knows how it is going to react. And Herceptin has had dramatic results.

If I had a friend who was Her2 positive I would do everything in my power to convince her to take Herceptin. The more research you do - the more you will find this out.

As for chemo - it's doable. Everyone says that but it's true. You have decisions to make and this is a stressful time but I'll step out on a limb here to urge you - don't walk away from Herceptin.
Louise O'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote