View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
Debra

Unhappy Well I'm just going to ask

I often don't post questions as I usually feel my questions will sound frivvy but I am in the mood to not care tonight.

How is one suppose to know they are NED or not when one doesn't have routine scans? Sure I ache; all the time. Sure I have headaches---almost everday. Yep, dizzy too as I am told aromasin causes that. So--do I run to the doctor with all this over and over and subject myself to scans? Never had a pet scan and frankly I don't want one. Not sure if what I am feeling is reason enough to have a PET scan and they are a lot of radiation exposure so I don't want one unless I really need one but that's it----how will I know if I really need one? Many of you know we know that better then the docs do sometimes.
I guess I am just tired of answering "I guess I am fine" when people ask "so are you cancer-free now" "did they get everything"? What I want to say is "I wouldn't know-----I guess I just need to waite and see if I start to have chronic bone pain or shortness of breath"! I am tired, tired, tired, of "wondering". Someone tell me how to stop that. It is exhausting. Maybe I am like this right now because it is October----too many reminders around me. I know that is all good but sometimes October puts me in a dark place. I want out now.

Diag. 11/05 at age 40 triple positive
3.8 cm tumor and 9 mm tumor
Stage IIb/SN positive(no other nodes)Grade 3
Bilat. mastect. 12/05 (Rt.prophylactic) followed with AC/taxol/Herceptin/tamoxifen then switched to arimidex after hysterectomy in 12/06. August 07 switched to Aromasin due to severe jt. pain from Arimidex. Nov. 2011 No more meds and NED!
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote