View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
daybyday

Unhappy New to posting here..not new to BC or Herceptin

I am not sure how this forum woks...I'm probably posting in the wrong place.

lI was dx'd in 1-2000 w/ bi-lateral HER2+++, IBC, IDC, DCIS, @ Stage III. Had 3 A/C, double MRM, 4 more A/C, bi-lateral rads, ending w/ Taxol. Recurred skin mets in 6-02, and that is when I started Herceptin. (I now have mets to many lymph nodes in chest and abdomen. The skin mets are spreading, but so far, I've never had any open lesions.) To attempt making a long story short.....I had a chemo break from 2004 til 11- 2007. I've now been on and off different chemos since, and it appears I've become resistant to a number of chemos and to Herceptin as well. Tx options starting to dwindle & as my TM's are climbing, so is my anxiety.

My LVEF had gone down to 40, but I have been able to get it back up to 60, in anticipation of perhaps qualifying for the Phase II Super-Herceptin trial. Unfortunately since I've had more than 3 types of chemo, I do not qualify for this particular trial. However, another trial w/ Super-Herceptin was supposed to start recruiting this last July for people w/ multiple chemo usage along w/ having Tykerb fail, but it has not started as of yet. I have not yet tried Tykerb, due to ongoing GI problems, but my onc has said it is the next choice.

I am trying to find something other than chemo for control/stability of this stinking disease....any ideas/thoughts/advice?!

daybyday in California
daybyday is offline   Reply With Quote